The seeding is out!
October 3, 2017 by Charlie Eisenhood in News with 1 comments
The seeding and schedule for the 2017 USA Ultimate National Championships–set to take place October 19-22 in Sarasota, Florida–have been announced! Below is the seeding in each Division, links to Score Reporter for the full schedule, and some discussion of the seeding and pools. Much more to come.
- The pools are very close to Ultiworld’s predictions, with the lone exception being a swap of Johnny Bravo and Ironside at #5/6.
- PoNY might be the happiest four seed, as they will get a Machine team they’ve beaten earlier this season and a mostly untested three seed in Florida United.
- Revolver’s path to a quarters bye looks smoother than ever in Pool A.
- The pools are exactly as Ultiworld predicted: BFG and Slow White swapped places at #4 and #5, but obviously that changes nothing about Pool D besides each team’s schedule.
- There are no easy pools. Pool B looks especially brutal, with Metro North, a finalist from 2016, in the four spot.
- Ultiworld’s predictions were again extremely close, though Underground slotted in at #13 instead of #11 where we placed them.
- All eyes will be on that Fury v. Scandal matchup in Pool D during pool play.
- It should be quite a battle for the prequarters spots in Pool A.